Wednesday, June 1, 2011

gingerbread train

For the last couple of years, I've had a recipe for a gingerbread train, complete with it's cargo of lollies and chocolates, sitting in a file in my kitchen. "One day, I'll make that" I kept saying to myself, and finally, last Christmas, I did! (It's just taken me nearly six months to design the blog to post it onto!)



Almost 50 individual pieces were cut and baked from gingerbread, ready to assemble the engine and three cargo trucks. Stacks of plain biscuits were used internally to strengthen each structure, and each piece was ‘glued’ together with royal icing.




After allowing the icing to set overnight, red, white and green royal icing was used to decorate the train, along with silver cachous, and liquorice.


 Four evening's work, and voila! The completed train!



No comments:

Post a Comment